The mission of the Utah State University (USU) College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) is to provide a state-of-the-art professional veterinary medical education; engage in leading-edge basic and clinical biomedical research; and serve the public through continuing education, disease control, and outreach to serve the needs of the citizens of Utah and beyond.
To meet our mission, the CVM has the following objectives
- Graduate exceptional veterinarians with highly developed practical and professional skills.
- Provide the veterinary profession with expertise relevant to Utah’s current and future animal and public health needs.
- Create veterinary proficiency and knowledge that will support rural development and sustainability, including livestock production and equine industries.
- Pursue innovative scholarship in veterinary and biomedical research.
- Foster an environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
The vision for the new facility is to provide an exemplary learning and
teaching environment that uses both traditional and innovative practices that inspire the
human spirit towards achieving remarkable things within the many fields that constitute
Demonstrate care and concern for those around you.
Strive for excellence in all that you do and look for ways to assist others as they pursue excellence.
Constantly aim to improve oneself by seeking opportunities for personal, academic, and professional development.
Foster learning and exploration through forward thinking that embraces fresh approaches and novel ideas.
Aspire at all times to be a consummate professional.